Photo by: Steve Parker
* 9.00 lb. Light Malt Extract Syrup
* 2.50 lb. Cara-Pils Dextrine
* 2.50 lb. Munich Light
* 2.50 oz. Cz Saaz 3.6% 60 min
* 1.50 oz. Cz Saaz 3.6% 30 min
* 2.00 oz. Cz Saaz 3.6% 0 min (Added at end of boil and
Water Evaporated during boil: 3.00 gal Add 13 gal of water to yield 10 gal of wort
1. Actual OG far less than planned due to lack of CHO extraction from specialty grains. (The program apparently calculated these grains like a full mash/sparge.) Next time should use 14 pounds of extract instead of 9.
2. Used 400 cc starter/5 gallons, of BR's Eastern European Lager yeast. Water was 10 gallons RO and 3 gallons bottled drinking water.
3. Fermented at 42-44F, took about 1 month. Secondary/lagered for about 1.5 months. Settled out nicely, never did filter or Polyclar, although would do so if bottling for competitions.
Bruce Ross designed this recipe.
Have New Posts From Beer Recipes Delivered To Your Email