* 3.3 pounds, M&F amber hopped syrup
* 3--1/2 pounds, dry light malt
* 1 pound, crushed crystal malt
* 1 ounce, Northern Brewer leaf hops, (alpha=8.0%) 1 hour boil
* 8 pints, fresh strawberries, washed, stemmed, pureed
* 4 Tablespoons, pectin enzyme
* Ale yeast starter
Make a yeast starter by boiling 1 cup dry malt extract in a quart of water and cool to below 90 degrees F. Add four of Red Star Ale yeast and agitate. Let set for two hours.
Steep crystal malt in 1 gallon of water for a while, then "rinse" in another 1--1/2 gallons. (I preboil.) Add malt and boiling hops and boil liquid for 1 hour. Turn down heat to very low flame and add pureed strawberries, heat for 15-20 minutes. Remove hops then cool wort. Dump in primary fermenter and add cold bottled water. The temp should be around 65-70. Dump in the yeast starter. The next day or sooner, add about 4 tablespoons of pectic enzyme, right into the beer. Rack after 3- 4 days. Bottle with 3/4 cup corn sugar.