What better way to enjoy an early October football game than enjoying a tailgate before. Lot's of delicious food and beer before hand. This was inspired by the Green Bay Packers, one of the original teams of the NFL.
- 3 lbs 5 oz Munton & Fison American Light Malt Syrup (boil 60 mins)
- 1 lb Munton & Fison Light Dried Malt Extract (boil 60 mins)
- 1 oz Willamette Pellets (3.9% Alpha) (boil 45 mins)
- 1/2 oz Cascade Pellets (5.6% Alpha) (boil 5 mins)
- 1.75 oz WYeast #2035 American Lager
- 1 teaspoon Irish Moss (boil 10 mins)
- 4 oz Malto Dextrin (boil 30 mins)(note: I have no idea why I used
On commencing of boil, add the Extracts and let boil for 15 minutes.
Add the Willamette and let boil for another 15 minutes.
Add the Malto Dextrin and let boil for 20 minutes.
Add the Irish Moss and let boil for 5 minutes.
Add the Cascade and let boil for the final 5 minutes.
After chilling the wort, add the yeast and ferment for about a week. Bottle and enjoy.