Browsing the internet, I found this article about the top "college" beers. (Voice). Suprisingly, the most of the "college" beers are light beers. Now, when I was in college, light beer meant the color, since Miller Lite was the only light beer available. So, in honor of all those how are going back to school, here is two light beer recipes.
Light Beer Recipes: American light beer has fewer calories than a standard beer. Light in color, it has a thin body, low hopping and high carbonation.
Caanan's Barn: So enraptured with the color of his newest homebrew, the creator of this recipe painted his barn to match. Ninety-one calories per 12 oz. Ferment for 45 degrees for 14 days. Rack into secondary fermenter at 45 degrees for 28 days.
- 3.3 lbs. Briess CBW Golden Light liquid malt extract
- 2.5 lbs. Briess Brewers Corn Syrup
- 1 oz. Cluster hops (Boiling time: 60 minutes)
- 0.4 oz. Hallertau hops (Boiling time: 5 minutes)
- 1 pkg. #2308 Lager yeast
- 3.3 lbs. Briess CBW Sparkling Amber liquid malt extract
- 1 lb. Briess CBW Porter dry malt extract
- 1 lb. Rice syrup, dry
- 0.8 oz. Northern Brewer hops (Boiling time: 60 minutes)
- 0.2 oz. Mt. Hood hops (Boiling time: 5 minutes)
- 2 pkgs. Nottingham Lager yeast, dry