5 gallons/19 L, extract;
OG = 1.047;
FG = 1.011;
IBU = 22;
SRM = 8;
ABV = 4.7%
- 6 lb. 11 oz. (3.0 kg) BriesSweet White Sorghum Syrup 45 DE High Maltose
- 0.50 lbs. (0.23 kg) honey
- 6 AAU Tettnang hops (60 mins)
- (1.5 oz./43 g of 4% alpha acids)
- Danstar Nottingham dried ale yeast
- 0.75 cups corn sugar (for priming)
Step by Step:
Heat 2.5 gallons (9.5 L) of water to a boil, then stir in sorghum syrup.
Return wort to a boil, then add hops and boil for 60 minutes.
At the end of the boil, stir in honey with a sanitized spoon, then cool wort until sides of brewpot are cool to the touch.
Transfer wort to a sanitized fermenter and top up with water to 5 gallons (19 L). Aerate wort and pitch yeast.
Ferment at 68 °F (20 °C). Bottle with corn sugar.
Source: Brew Your Own