* 3.3 pounds, M&F amber hopped syrup
* 3--1/2 pounds, dry light malt
* 1 pound, crushed crystal malt
* 1 ounce, Northern Brewer leaf hops, (alpha=8.0%) 1 hour boil
* 8 pints, fresh strawberries, washed, stemmed, pureed
* 4 Tablespoons, pectin enzyme
* Ale yeast starter
Make a yeast starter by boiling 1 cup dry malt extract in a quart of water and cool to below 90 degrees F. Add four of Red Star Ale yeast and agitate. Let set for two hours.
Steep crystal malt in 1 gallon of water for a while, then "rinse" in another 1--1/2 gallons. (I preboil.) Add malt and boiling hops and boil liquid for 1 hour. Turn down heat to very low flame and add pureed strawberries, heat for 15-20 minutes. Remove hops then cool wort. Dump in primary fermenter and add cold bottled water. The temp should be around 65-70. Dump in the yeast starter. The next day or sooner, add about 4 tablespoons of pectic enzyme, right into the beer. Rack after 3- 4 days. Bottle with 3/4 cup corn sugar.
* 6-7 pounds, light malt extract
* 1/4 pound, crystal malt
* 2-1/2 cups, raspberry puree
* 1 ounce, boiling hops (Hallertauer, Saaz, Tettnanger)
* 10 cups, raspberry puree
Crack, steep, and strain crystal malt before boiling. Add extract and hops. Boil. Strain into primary. Add 2-1/2 cups raspberry puree. Add enough cold water to make 5 gallons. Pitch yeast. When racking to secondary, add another 10 cups raspberry puree.
* 6.6 lb Northwestern Wheat Extract
* 1 oz. Tettnang hops. (boiling hops- full 60 minutes)
* 1/2 oz. Tettnang (flavor hops- last 20 minutes of boil)
* 1/2 oz. Tettnang (aroma- steep for 2 minutes at end of boil)
* 4 oz. of cherry extract
Total boil is 60 minutes. Also added Irish moss last 15 min of boil. Add the cherry extract after the boil and ferment for about 1 week.
* 7 pounds, British amber extract
* 1-1/2 pounds, crystal malt
* 2 ounces, Northern Brewer hops (boil)
* 1 ounce, Fuggles hops (finish)
* Whitbread ale yeast
* 2 pounds, fresh frozen blueberries
Primary Ferment: 1 week
Steep crystal malt while bringing to boil. Remove grains and add extract and boiling hops. Boil 60 minutes. Add finish hops and let steep 15 minutes. Sparge into ice, mix. Rack to 7-gallon carboy. At peak of fermentation add blueberries. Ferment 1 week and rack to secondary. Prime with corn sugar.